Height : 1220 m
Marking the entry point to the popular Kullu Manali circuit, Swarghat on the Chandigarh Manali highway is an ideal stopover destination. Commanding scenic views of the plains panning out before you from the undulating ridges of the Shivalik mountains, Swarghat was the summer retreat of the erstwhile royal family of Bilaspur. Surrounded by pine trees it is a beautiful place and an ideal spot for a quiet over night stay.
- By Road : Chandigarh through Ropar and Kirtpur is 90 Km
away from Swarghat. Shimla is 124 Km. and Bilaspur-40 Km
- By Rail : Chandigarh, the nearest broad gauge railhead is 90
km and Kiratpur SahIb is 25 km.
- By Air : The nearest airportto Swarghat is at Chandigarh.
The low winter temperatures necessitate warm clothing, but the summers are pleasant and cottons are recommended.
- Laxmi-Narayan temple at Swarghat atop a hill is at a walkable distance.
- Nalagarh Fort (4.5 Km) – the ruins of this strategic hill fort here are a testimony of the importance the region once commanded.
- Bhimakali Temple (6 Km), the short trek to this temple has rewarding views.
- Naina Devi Temple (20 Km) is famous as a Shaktipeeth temple that pilgrims visit. A popular fair is held each August.
- Bhakra (37 Km) has India’s highest straight gravity concrete darn that holds back the waters of Gobind Sagarlake.
- Deotsidh (37 Km) meaning ‘Light of Truth’ is a cave temple shrine, high on a spur of a Dhaulagiri hill where a sacred ﬁre has been constantly burning for over five centuries. This famous pilgrim centre is dedicated to a child saint Baba Balaknath, a deiﬁed ascetic of ancient times.
Th Hill Top – Deluxe HoteI
Atop a hill along the highway, Hotel Hill Top is a modern hotel with all conveniences and facilities. This is conveniently located a few meters above the Chandigarh Manali national highway. The Hotel Hill Top is an ideal stopover to or from the direction of Bilaspur, Mandi, Rewalsar, Kullu, Manali and Chandigarh.
ADDRESS: Hotel Hill Top Swarghat- 174011, Distt. Bilaspur
(HP)TeI : 01978-284112, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org