Jogindernagar is the terminal point of the 163 Km long and popular Kangra valley narrow gauge rail line that starts from Pathankot. lt is also a destination that links the Kullu Manali Circuit with the Kangra Valley circuit. Jogindernagar is named aﬁera former ruler of Mandi state Raja Joginder Sen. This is where one of the earliest hydro-electric projects in the country is located. Joginder nagar has everything for a quiet and relaxing holiday-and leaves options open for trekking, fishing, sightseeing. picnics and enjoyable drives in the area.
- Road : Form Mandi, Jogindernagar is 56 Km, from Chandigarh 259 Km, from Shimla it its 210 Km and from Pathankot 163 Km.
- Rail: Chandigarh at 259 Km and Pathankot at 163 Km are nearest broad gauge train stations for Jogindernagar. The gauge Kangra rail service starting from Pathankot terminates at Jogindenagar.
- By Air : The Kangra airport at Gaggai is 60 Kms away and the Kullu airport at Bhunter is 115 Km away.
The temperatures in winters does drop low and heavy woollens are required. Summers temperatures are mild and cottons are recommended.
- The remarkably conserved Pathankot Jogindernagar rail line, constructed in 1929 is an engineering feat and passes through picturesque landscape.
- The Shanan hyolel project on Uhl river, constructed in 1925 is one of the first hydro power generation stations of the Country.
- An 11 Km Haulage trolley ride from Jogindernagar (4000 feet) to Barot (6200 feet) is a thrilling experience.
- Macchyal Lake : This small but enchanting lake (6 Km away) is an ideal outdoor excursion.
- Bassi Power House : This attractive picnic spot (6 Km away) is part of a power generation project.
- Bir (2080 m)11 Km has a small Tibetan settlement with a beautiful monastery.
- Billing (2600 m) 18 Km, has attained fame as a world class paragliding site. International level para-gliding competitions are held at Bir-Billing.
- Baijnath (1250 m) 20 Km, Built in circa 804, the exquisitely sculpted Lord Shiva temple at Baijnath is one of its kind in north lndia.
- Jhatingri (2012 m) 12 Km, is surrounded by thick deodar forests and served as the summer resort for the rulers of Mandi.
- Barot (1785 m) 22 Km, is an off-beat river side camping spot. Cold water trout fish thrive in the Uhl River here which attracts many anglers. A reservoir built at Barot in pre-Independence days holds water for the hydroelectric station at Jogindernagar.
Hotel Uhl – Deluxe Hotel
The Hotel Uhl is named after the river whose waters have
been channeled to the power house. its large twin structure
building made of ﬁnely dressed stone is ideally located near
the Mandi – Jogindernagar – Palampur road.This is well
situated for Paragliders seeking to use the nearby Bir-Billing
ADDRESS : Hotel Uhl, Joginder Nagar – 176120 Distt. Mandi
(HP), Tel. : 01908-222002 Email :firstname.lastname@example.org